Dunkin’ Donut has always been the go-to gift, pasalubong, of Filipinos for the longest time. It has been one of the things that comes to our minds when we think of how we can express our love or gratitude to our friends and loved ones.
From “meals and coffee” delivery in 1946, the Dunkin’ Donuts grew as one of the biggest coffee and donut shop globally. It was in the 1960s that its founder, William Rosenberg, started the International Franchising Association which led for the Philippines to have its flagship outlet in 1981. Now, the country has 800 outlets nationwide services various products – from donuts, coffee, to sandwiches and cold beverages.
Application for Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise in the Philippines
The company offers three (3) business models to all potential franchisees:
- Area Franchise
This type of model awards the franchise to the operator. The operator is in-charge of developing the area or territory based on the agreed development schedule. A minimum investment of P32 Million is needed to put up the production center.
This a stand-alone model wherein an independent entrepreneur will be given the right to franchise Dunkin’ Donuts’ kiosk or take-out counter. The area required is at least five (5) square meters. The invest starts at PHP 200,000.00 which may vary depending on the floor space and location of the outlet.
A take-out booth that is applicable for convenience stores or canteens.
If you’re definite on the business model you’d like to invest on, prepare the following documents:
- Letter of intent that includes your complete details as the applicant and address of the proposed site;
- Photographs of the site or area; and
- Details of the proposed location and vicinity map.
The contract is good for five (5) years and renewable by term basis upon the franchisee’s compliance, management, and operation. The franchisee is also responsible to hire employees and prepare the building plan with an architect and a contractor.
Inclusion in the Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise
Here are the benefits from franchising Dunkin’ Donuts:
- Training Program – You will undergo series of preparation before you’ll be able to manage the store – from Production Training that will teach you about how the products are made, Store Operations Training that will guide you on how to handle day to day business operations, and Local Store Marketing Training that will provide marketing strategies to improve financial performance and sales of business.
- Quality Assurance Assistance – The company will help you in handling of business especially in providing quality goods and superb customer experience.
- Site Selection Assistance – They will also assist you in locating profitable site to start your business.
- Marketing and Promotional Support – They will also share with you, as franchisee, the tactics to market your business and inform you of new products for the franchise to sell.
- Continuing Guidance from Dunkin’ Donuts – Check you from time to time to give advice on how to further boost business performance.
To know more about the franchising process of Dunkin’ Donuts, you may contact them through their cellphone numbers (0998 8429920 and 0998 8429923), telephone numbers (+632 9687 300 loc. 286-87), and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The head office of Dunkin’ Donuts is located at Golden Donuts, Inc., Cor. Reliance and Sheridan St., Mandaluyong City.