You may have heard from a friend or relative that getting an NBI Clearance is a tedious application, especially if you get a hit as it means you’ll have to wait for weeks before you can get a copy of your NBI Clearance.
Fortunately, the NBI Clearance application has gone digital to improve the process of their service. Here are the steps in getting NBI Clearance in the Philippines.
- Prepare the required documents – Present any two (2) government-issued IDs on your online application:
- PRC card;
- PSA-issued birth certificate;
- Voter’s ID;
- PhilHealth ID;
- TIN ID;
- Driver’s license;
- Old copy of NBI Clearance (if applicable);
- Postal ID;
- School ID;
- Alien Certificate of Registration;
- Senior Citizen ID; or
- Police clearance.
Note: Ensure that the IDs you’ll present are; original copy, in good condition, shows a clear photo of you as the applicant, and not expired.
- Visit the NBI Clearance website and on tick “No” for the “Do you have an old NBI clearance?” question.
- Fill out the NBI Clearance Online Account Registration Form.
- When done, tick the box next to the “I accept terms of service” then click the Agree button.
- Next, click the Sign Up button and you’ll be asked to read through the Important Reminder before clicking the Yes button.
- Upon receiving a successful registration notification on the screen, login to your account by entering your email address and password.
- Fill out the Online Application Form and click Save Information when done.
- When you’ve run through your Application Form, click the Apply for Clearance button.
- On the Confirmation box, enter the ID you’ll present for your application.
- When done, click the I Agree An Online Appointment Page will appear once your registration is complete.
- To select a schedule to obtain your NBI Clearance, choose your preferred NBI branch from the drop-down menu.
- A calendar that shows which slots are open will show. Choose your preferred date and time by clicking on the button as shown in the screen of your device.
- When you’re done choosing the date and time in visiting your preferred NBI branch, pay the required fees through any of the following method:
- Bank over the counter – Cash deposit at BDO, BPI, Metrobank, PNB, Security Bank, UnionBank, or any partner bank as identified.
- Online banking – Online payment through the identified partner banks.
- Bayad Centers – Cash payment at any Bayad Center near you.
- MultiPay – Payment though MultiPay wallet.
- ECPay – Payment through ECPay outlet such as RD Pawnshop and San Mig Food Avenue.
- 7-Eleven – Payment through the CLiQQ kiosk of any 7-Eleven branch.
- An NBI Clearance costs PHP 130.00 plus PHP 25.00 for the system fee of its e-payment service, hence a total of PHP 155.00.
- On your scheduled date and time, bring your two (2) valid IDs and proceed with the Biometric and Image Capture area. This is the place where you’ll have your photo, fingerprint, and digital signature taken.
- If you don’t have a hit, wait for your NBI Clearance to be printed and issued to you.
An NBI Clearance is valid for six (6) months only. This is to ensure that your record is updated with regards to any criminal charges that you may be charged with between six (6) to twelve (12) months. After the expiration, you will need to file for a renewal on the same portal.