It’s summer time again, and the heat is not letting up in the Philippines. The people are looking for something to fight the hot weather and what better than to drink a shake? However, since it is also summer, people are watching out for what they eat since they are preparing for their “beach bod”. Enter the Fruitas franchise, a business that sells fruit shakes that offers a healthy and refreshing beverage for people wanting to enjoy a guilt-free shake!
The franchise’s owner, Lester Yu, is the founder of Lush Group of Companies that is now known as the Fruitas Group of Companies. The business was conceptualized as a solution to the need of the Filipino people wanting to start a healthy living. The first business opened was the titular “Fruitas Fresh from Babot’s Farm” on February 1, 2002 at SM Manila. The stall, serving only a single beverage, was an unexpected success as they only offered fresh fruit shakes. Ultimately, it flourished and grew bigger than it started with more than 700 profitable fruit shake stores nationwide.
Ever since then, they have ventured to other profitable businesses as well, some relating to its core business which are fruits and some new and innovative. Other ventures they’ve established are De Original Jamaican Pattie, Juice Bar, 7107 Halo Halo Islands, Buko ni Fruitas, Juice Avenue, Black Pearl, TheMangoFarm, Fruitas Ice Candy, Yes Yes Yo!, Tea-rex, Friends Fries, Buko Loco, and House of Desserts.
In their own admission, the Fruitas Group of Company is a customer-first company with the service that aims to satisfy them. The concerns of the customers are quickly addressed, and all communications are open with their business franchisees and staff.
Their vision is to be as big as the Creator would allow them to be, showing their humility despite their grand success. Their mission to achieve expansion is through integrity, hard work, passion, compassion and educational attainments speaks for themselves on how they have these values as foundation to their success.
Franchise fee: approximately P300,000 to P1.5M
Contract: 1 year (renewable)
Return of investment: approximately 18 months; though it depends on the marketing and location of your store
You have the option to choose from two types of franchises, which is a standard cart that will require a minimum of 3 to 4 sqm or a counter with a size requirement of not exceeding 6 sqm.
- Opening-day assistance
- 2 sets of staff uniform (6 polo shirts, 4 aprons, 2 visors, 2 hairnets)
- Basic equipment, wares and utensils
- Initial supplies (good for 2 to 3 days)
- Trade name and proprietary marks
- Marketing materials (balloons, flyers, tarpaulin, menu, loyalty card, etc.)
- Sourcing and hiring of staff
- Complete business permits and documents
- Free staff assistance
- Staff orientation
- 10 to 15 days training at training sites
- Franchise orientation
- Comprehensive operations manual kit
Advantages of Franchising with Fruitas Shake
- Marketing and advertising that guarantees product placement on customer’s minds
- Customer-oriented reputation that guarantees loyal customer base
- Nation-wide presence in malls, schools, and offices
- Operation’s assistance at the first week of opening day
- Company-provided staff
Disadvantages of Investing
- The contract is only 1 year in comparison to other franchises which can last for at least 5 years
- Return of investment is not guaranteed early
- Cost of franchising is expensive for how long the contract is
Address: House of Fruitas 68 Data St. corner, Cordillera St., Brgy. Don Manuel, Quezon City Philippines
Telephone no.: (632)-330-2889
Mobile no.: (63) 938-7888-888
FRUITAS (FRUITAS GROUP OF COMPANIES)
President: Mr. Lester Yu
Franchise Relations Officer: Mr. Ryan Espinosa